City Search:GANDHINAGAR

Total Articles:2   

The draft plan for Ahmadabad-Gandhinagar project cleared

Posted on Aug 07, 2013

The much delayed Ahmadabad-Gandhinagar metro rail project has got the state nod who has finalized the Draft Project Report (DPR). But one bigger problem which is standing gigantic in front is the cost of the rail corridor. It seems that the final cost of Rs 22,000crore which may further escalate as of the projects gets nearer to completion. If past records are too be seen in 2004-05 it was only Rs 5000crore. The rail corridor which will have total of 53 stations with 42 elevated stations and 11 underground. Escalators will be provided to ascend to the platform which can be reversed in emergencies, lifts are also provided for persons and most interesting a computer-based automatic fare collection system has been proposed for the metro. The ministers committee and group of secretaries have cleared the final DPR of the metro rail. “The ministers committee rejected the earlier plan suggested by the Metro Link Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad (MEGA) Company Limited. The construction, which was earlier to start between Infocity-Gandhinager and AEC junction in Sabarmati, will now start in the old city area first. This will pose a big technical challenge to the company. The underground rail network will span two old city routes: APMC (Vasna)-Paldi-Jamalpur-Kalpur to Civil Hospital, and Memco (Naroda) to AEC (Sabarmati). These routes have the highest priority now. Considering the dense population of these localities, digging the underground tunnel will be a highly challenging task. Almost 60% of the rail length will be underground now,” said sources. The construction is work is expected to start after monsoon. The state government has also decided to fund the projects. 60% of the total cost will be funded from the state budget, with the remaining 40% funded by debt financing from domestic and international agencies. 20% of the states contribution will be sourced from the Viability Gap Fund (VGF) from the Centre and the equity contribution from the states Public Sector Undertaking (PSU).”

Share on:

Stamp duty collection slumps in Gandhinagar, Gujarat

Posted on Apr 12, 2013
Its official now. The real estate sector in the state has taken a hit, making the state government miss its annual target of collecting Rs 5,000 crore as stamp duty and property registration fee by more than Rs 500 crore. The state has also registered a significant fall in the registration of property deeds.By March 31 this year, the revenue depar ...
Share on: